Corvidae Press Board Meeting Notes – August 2017

Present: Meg,
Dorothy, Margaret, Sidonie, Randy

 

Treasurer's Report

Posted. Balance as
of 8/3/17 is 16,079.62.


Membership

No changes. We
currently have 31 members.

 

Workshops

If anyone is
interested in teaching, we'd love to get some more workshops on the calendar.

 

Partners/Centrum

The PDA held a
survey on what to do with promotional money; they have decided to hold a
chautauqua–a week-long enrichment event where schools in Fort Worden will
offer classes/workshops/etc. We may want to participate. Nothing is determined
yet.

 

Miscellaneous

Studio Tour is
August 26-27; Dorothy will put up signage early on Saturday. We need volunteers to print during the tour; please
email Dorothy to sign up for a shift (morning or afternoon Saturday or Sunday).

 

Cell phone found in
the clean room. Did someone leave a phone at the studio?

 

Print exchange will
happen August 20.

 

Supplies

We have a list of
needed supplies, Meg and Margaret are on it.

 

Next Board Meeting:
Thursday, September 7, 5:30pm

Corvidae Board Meeting Minutes – March/April

Present: Meg,
Dorothy, Margaret, Sidonie, Randy, Shannon (new member), Marion (new member)

 

Treasurer's Report

Posted and attached.
Balance as of 4/6/17 is 16,278.35.

 

Membership

As of today, Dorothy
reports we have 30 members (up from 27 last month). Two new members attended
the meeting, Shannon and Marion (who will go by Magpie here to avoid confusion
with our other Marion). New membership list is attached.

 

Workshops

Kate offered a
monoprint workshop, which was great fun but small (just two students) due to
some cancellations.

The board considered
requiring payment in advance for future workshops with no refunds within one
week of the workshop. Payments would go to Corvidae (checks could be sent to
the PO Box) and Dorothy could pass payment along to teachers. The board also discussed
advertising in the bareboard or KPTZ weekend calendar, or physical billboards
in town.

The board asked whether Shannon would consider giving a workshop on paper
making, for which she has much of the equipment. It sounds like a good
summer-time workshop as some of the workshop would take place outdoors.

If anyone is interested in teaching, we'd love to get some more workshops on
the calendar.

 

Partners/Centrum

The partners have
said that no one has signed their leases – we signed ours but we're under
Centrum, and Centrum hasn't signed theirs. This is due to legal concerns with
the contracts. It's not clear whether our rate increase will only be effective
once the new contracts are signed or will be made retroactive; but the board
agreed to pay the higher rate and seek a refund if it turns out the rate
increase will not be retroactive.

 

A group of partners,
including Randy from the Corvidae Board, met to discuss the Makers' Square
proposal . It was a brainstorming meeting. They discussed that bldg 305 would
potentially have a classroom, a gallery, offices. Per Randy's research, makers'
spaces around the world are typically areas where artists/artisans can come in
an rent space or equipment and that there seems to be grant money available for
these things. The partners seemed to be more interested in a concept that's
more art-focused craft-focused.  There
was also discussion about whether Corvidae would be interested in moving to a
new space.

 

Miscellaneous

Studio Tour is in
August; we're signed up to participate. We'll be looking for volunteers in the
next few months.

 

**Studio clean-up day is scheduled for Saturday, April
29, 9am to 12pm. Please join us to clean up our shared space. If you have any
items sitting out, make sure they're put away before that date.
**

 

Supplies

We need tape
(masking, blue tape).

 

The felts for the
big press are still missing. The Centrum workshop director said they were not
there when he showed up. If anyone has information about those, please email
board@corvidaepress.com.

 

There was a
discussion about the copper sulfate in a tray in dark room. Whose is this and
can it be stored away in a storage container in between use? Please email
board@corvidaepress.com with info.

 

 

Next Board Meeting:
Thursday, May 4 at 5:30pm 

default icon Corvidae-Membership-2017-February-2-3.doc
default icon Corvidae-Press-2016-Income-Statement-April-2017.doc

[Corvidaepress] Corvidae Board Meeting Minutes – February/March

Present: Meg, Dorothy, Margaret, Sidonie, Randy, Nancy (prospective new member)

 

Treasurer’s Report

Posted and attached. Balance as of 3/1/17 is 16,219.85.

 

Membership

As of today, Dorothy reports we have 27 members (up from 25 last month). New membership list is attached.

The PT Leader ad was pretty effective in getting prospective new members; thanks also to Marion for posting an ad in Bareboards.

There are a few other folks interested in joining; Meg gave tours to four potential new members.

 

Workshops

Kate is giving a monoprint workshop March 18. Email Kate to sign up.

 

Partners/Centrum

Margaret attended the Partners meeting. They’re looking at ways to make the Partners more collaborative; some ideas that were discussed: better signage, an administrative office for the Partners, combined marketing for the Partners, a joint calendar for the Partners with all the Partners’ Ft Worden activities in one place, or potentially to organize a kind of Chautauqua with activities/learning opportunities in all different areas. 

 

Miscellaneous

Attached to these minutes please find the updated membership list for 2017 and the Treasurer’s report.

Studio Tour is in August, deadline to sign up is in June. Board agreed we’d like to participate again this year.

Reminder: the print studio will be closed March 5-10.

 

Supplies

Andrea bought a paper soaking tray to that can hold full sheets; Dorothy will reimburse her.

 

Next Board Meeting: 5:30pm on Thursday, April 6

– Sidonie


You received this email as part of the corvidaepress@gaggle.email group. Click here to manage your membership or unsubscribe.

Corvidae Board Meeting Minutes – February/March

Present: Meg,
Dorothy, Margaret, Sidonie, Randy, Nancy (prospective new member)

 

Treasurer's Report

Posted and attached.
Balance as of 3/1/17 is 16,219.85.

 

Membership

As of today, Dorothy
reports we have 27 members (up from 25 last month). New membership list is
attached.

The PT Leader ad was
pretty effective in getting prospective new members; thanks also to Marion for
posting an ad in Bareboards.

There are a few
other folks interested in joining; Meg gave tours to four potential new
members.

 

Workshops

Kate is giving a
monoprint workshop March 18. Email Kate to sign up.

 

Partners/Centrum

Margaret attended
the Partners meeting. They're looking at ways to make the Partners more
collaborative; some ideas that were discussed: better signage, an administrative office for
the Partners, combined marketing for the Partners, a joint calendar for the
Partners with all the Partners' Ft Worden activities in one place, or
potentially to organize a kind of Chautauqua with activities/learning
opportunities in all different areas. 

 

Miscellaneous

Attached to these
minutes please find the updated membership list for 2017 and the Treasurer's
report.

Studio Tour is in
August, deadline to sign up is in June. Board agreed we'd like to participate
again this year.

Reminder: the print studio will be closed March 5-10.

 

Supplies

Andrea bought a
paper soaking tray to that can hold full sheets; Dorothy will reimburse her.

 

Next Board Meeting:
5:30pm on Thursday, April 6

– Sidonie

Corvidae Board Minutes – January

Present: Meg,
Dorothy, Margaret, Sidonie

Treasurer's Report

Posted and attached.
The PDA slightly revised the rent increase so it's not as high as we were
anticipating. Current rent is $434.50/mo., up from $375.31/mo. last year.

Membership

As of today, Dorothy
reports we have 25 members. Last year we had 33, max is 35.

We discussed placing
an ad in the Leader saying that we're soliciting new members; Sidonie will
place an ad in the Leader to run for two weeks. Meg offered to give tours to
interested people. Marion is also looking into other places to advertise for
new members.

Two add'l people
contacted Meg interested in joining.

Question came up
about whether Seattle residents or other far-away members are granted a
discount. Meg will ask Kate.

Margaret agreed to
give tours to the members if more people join.

 

Workshops

Marion
says her 
workshop will happen when about six people express interest to her; she
has some interesting ideas of more things to do with string. 

 

Partners/Centrum

Dorothy signed the
lease renewal with Centrum.

Partners meeting is
the 1st Tuesday of the month, 3-5pm. Margaret will attend on behalf of the
board.

The Fort is
prioritizing lifelong learning and community outreach, so we may need to
demonstrate how we are a part of that. We could consider something like a
partnership with the School of the Arts or other options in the future.

We should let
Centrum know whenever we have a workshop planned (email Martha Worthley and cc:
Rob Berman).

Reminder to sign in every time you come to the studio
because the Fort does occasionally question how much we're using the building. The more we can utilize this space (and demonstrate that we're utilizing
it), the better.

 

Miscellaneous

Sandra updated the
Board membership list with the new 2017 board members.

Attached to these
minutes please find the new membership list for 2017 and the Treasurer's
report.

Reminder: the print studio will be closed March 5-10.

Supplies

Low on paper towels,
Dorothy will buy more.

 

Next Board Meeting:
5:30pm on Thursday, February 23

– Sidonie

default icon Corvidae-Membership-2017-February-2-1.doc
default icon Corvidae-Press-2016-Income-Statement-February-2017.doc