Present: Margaret, Dorothy, Nancy, Randy, Andrea, Sidonie
- 26 paid members. There's room for more members; if anyone knows someone who wants to join, have them reach out to Randy or to email@example.com
- Officer role clarification: Treeya will be the liaison to the Partners/PDA, but invoicing for rent will continue to go through our treasurer, Dorothy.
- Treasurers report is posted on the bulletin board.
- There was some confusion about the various organizations with which we're associated:
- Centrum – The arts-promoting organization based in Fort Worden; Martha Worthley is our contact person for Centrum; Centrum partners with other organizations in Fort Worden, like Copper Canyon Press, the PT School of the Arts, and Corvidae. Our lease is through Centrum.
- Partners – All the organizations based in Ft Worden
- PDA – Public Development Authority, funds/managers Fort Worden operations; Representatives of PDA attend Partner meetings
- 26 paid members, with two more planning to join. We have five new members this year. Welcome, new members!
- If anyone needs an orientation (or re-orientation) session, they can reach out to Randy:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Margaret has updated the new member orientation sheet, which Randy provides at these orientations.
- If members would like introductions to specific presses or processes, reach out to the members as a whole (email@example.com) to see if who would be willing to help with that.
- Storage for new members: Flat file drawer space is shared; some members currently have a drawer to themselves, but that may not
- Randy will reach out to the few people who still have supplies boxes at the studio but are no longer members to ensure that they will collect their things to make space for our new members.
- If you know anyone who would like to be a member, let them know. Membership is a great deal and we are still accepting new members.
Printmakers Hand IV
- Applications open with Online Juried Shows – January 5 through April 4
- Corvidae members are encouraged to submit!
- 12 members are signed up; up to 15 can participate
- Marion is giving a beginners workshop Friday, February 2, so the studio will be occupied from 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Anyone interested in giving a workshop is encouraged to do so
- The board will draft a P&P for giving workshops to advise members on the steps that should be taken when giving a workshop
- Margaret will reach out to folks who give workshops and create a draft P&P based on their input
- If you find a supply is low or out, please go out and buy the supply
- Reimburse yourself from the petty cash box up to $25 (place receipt
- If the supply is over $25, send an email to Dorothy for reimbursement by check
- If there's a bigger item, like new press blankets, feel free to email the board to ask about it
- Feel free to also make a note in the supplies notebook by the door
- Basic cleanup supplies (rubber gloves, soap, simple green, garbage bags, spray bottles, sponges, etc.)
- Sandra currently manages the website but is no longer a member
- Next month, we are inviting Sandra to our board meeting to discuss what this entails and whether a current Corvidae member could/should take over this responsibility
Next Meeting Agenda
- At our March meeting, in lieu of our usual agenda, we will be discussing:
- Workshop P&P
- Our current Mission
- See current mission statement, attached
- See also the "About" pages on http://www.corvidaepress.com/
Next Meeting: March 1, 2018, 5:30pm at the Studio